5 simple changes to make your HEART the priority this month.
Updated: Mar 29, 2022
Fresh Fruit & Veggies
A heart-healthy diet includes fruits and veggies for all meals and snacks.
1. One Simple Change: add one new fruit to your daily routine, slice it up for easy pickings!
Rest & Recuperation
Manage stress and get a good night’s sleep.
2. One Simple Change: start going to bed at the same time each night.
Quitting smoking and vaping can make a big difference.
3. One Simple Change: Ask for help on how to create new habits that support your body and connect with others who have already quit.
Move Your Body
A good starting goal for exercise is 150 minutes per week.
4. One Simple Change: Start with 10 minutes today. Go for a walk, jump some rope, find a swimming pool or simple dance with your headphones on at home. Doing 10 minutes a day gets you to 70 minutes for the week, and you’re more than halfway there.
Maintaining a weight that's healthy for you is beneficial for heart function.
5. One Simple Change: Today keep track of what you are eating. Start making the connection to what feels good in your body and what doesn’t.
To eat more fruits and veggies every day try this simple and easy way:
Children eat free